Africawide supported the leadership team of an Engineering organisation (of over 2,000 engineers) with the transformation of its business into a high performing organisation.
- The client’s roadmap and framework to achieve this goal was complex and not clearly articulated nor was there consistent alignment within the leadership team of the end state.
- The scope of this work was further complicated by the tremendous changes in the business environment and scepticism, apathy and unwillingness by the broader organisation to invest in new change initiatives.
Highlights of Africawide’s implementation approach
Built leadership alignment and involvement: Facilitated numerous leadership interaction to develop a single vision; Implemented leadership forum to build consensus and drive progress; Supported leadership to communicate vision inside and outside organisation
Articulated a clear and compelling vision: Simplified strategic roadmap through interactive testing and refinement with leadership, ensuring succinctness of priorities and critical success factors; Built a strong case for change outlining benefits to the individual
Created implementation ownership: Facilitated natural owners to develop and implementation plans; Prioritised quick-wins and longer-term activities to ensure an achievable plan
Project Management Office – governance, tracking and reporting: Set up structures to ensure implementation visibility; Created project office to track progress; Built regular dialogue with executive and next level implementation team
- Leadership team agreed and communicated one vision to the entire management team
- Created noticeable momentum and excitement for the transformation
- Developed a prioritised and achievable transformation plan and set-up implementation structures to continue success post Africawide’s involvement